[Air-l] Media Policy in Budapest

Nanne Priebs vispriebs at ceu.hu
Sat Nov 18 15:52:49 PST 2006

Dear all,

I am looking for enthusiastic students and young professionals who are
interested in international/comparative media policy.

The Media, Information and Telecommunications Policy Stream
(http://www.ceu.hu/dpp/degree/mit.htm) of our 1-year MA program in
Public Policy focuses on issues of policy planning studied through the
lens of media, communications and information issues in Europe and
globally.

The course is offered by the Department of Public Policy in conjunction
with the Center for Media and Communication Studies (CMCS). Our students
take an active role in the academic life of the university and are
encouraged to work on research projects at CMCS.

CEU, located in Budapest, Europe, is a US-style graduate university,
accredited both in the United States and in Hungary. The language of
instruction and communication is English.

Scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis. All complete
application materials should be submitted so that they are received no
later than January 6, 2007 for consideration for a scholarship.

For further information please contact me at vispriebs at ceu.hu.

Best regards,
Nanne

Nanne Priebs von Hahn
Project Manager
Center for Media and Communication Studies (CMCS)
Central European University
Nador u. 9, H-1051 Budapest, Hungary

email: vispriebs at ceu.hu
www.cmcs.ceu.hu

CEU (www.ceu.hu) is a US-style English language graduate university with
a focus on the social sciences and the humanities, accredited both in
the United States and in Hungary, and located in Budapest, in the heart
of Europe. The university is oriented to interdisciplinary research on,
and the study of social change and the policy implications of transition
to open societies. In addition, emphasis is placed on European Union
affairs, as well as on the special features of non-Western democracies.

CMCS (www.cmcs.ceu.hu) has emerged as a new center of excellence for
promoting media and communication studies throughout the Central and
Eastern European region. We aim to accomplish this in a manner that can
be useful to NGOs, policy-makers and regulators as well as for
internationally acclaimed scholars and researchers.