[Air-l] Petition Tony Blair, online that is

Matthias Trenel matthias.trenel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 08:28:10 PST 2006

Hi Ildiko,

> Is this the pilot the Bundestag modelled on the e-petitioning system of
> the Scottish Parliament?

Yes, that's right. As far as the technology is concerned: The
Bundestag adopted the e-petitioner system that was developed by the
International Teledemocracy Center and first employed by the Scottish
Parliament (later also by Local Authorities in England: Kingston and
Bristol). But the similarities might stop beyond technology, e.g. the
Bundestag hasn't had a public hearing for public petitions yet while
that happens with almost all petitions in Scotland, as far as I know.

Best, Matthias