[Air-l] epetitions

Dominic Pinto zorro at btinternet.com
Tue Nov 28 15:43:57 PST 2006

I've posted to mysociety.org - do join in there as
well!

Curious - and I'd welcome comments - was the nature of
this rejected petition off the No. 10 site:

----
We the undersigned petition the Prime Minister to
launch an independent review into the privatisation of
the British railway network that considers whether it
was the right thing to do.

Submitted by Rajesh Joshi

More details from petition creator More details cannot
be shown
Petition Rejected

This petition has been rejected because:

It contained party political material

Additional information about this rejection:

Sorry, your reference to Baroness Thatcher makes it
difficult for us to accept this. If you could just
remove the reference to her, then we are clear of
party political issues.
-----

I couldn't see any party political reference, and in
any case why should that be a bar? After all, the
electorla and legislative system is predicated on
party politics.

Doh! Or has something really deep and significant been
overlooked?

--- Wainer Lusoli <w.lusoli at lse.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Tom - and others
>
> As much as I like your stance on the whole petition
> issue, I think the
> question is ill posed: too many leads in one
> rhetorical, type II [negative
> answer] stem.

<snip>

Dominic Pinto BA MIEEE MCMI MRi FRSA