[Air-l] CMC and Folklore

RGH rgh at rghoward.com
Mon Nov 6 11:24:51 PST 2006

Sigalit:

You are asking key questions I think about what the term "folklore"
covers--and that can be a thorny issue.  For an easy but well
documented intro. to many of the issues in the field, I recommend:

Georges, Robert A. and Michael Owen Jones. Folkloristics: An
Introduction. Bloomington, Indiana: Indiana University Press, 1995.

I teach that text in my mixed undergrad/grad  "Folklore in a Digital
Age Course" at UW Madison.  Actually, the web site for that is:
http://endnear.com/FLR560/FLR560sch.html

There might be other useful stuff on that syllabus, but its old.  I
am teaching it again next semester--so I am (with you) searching for
articles on the topic!

Rob

--
Robert Glenn Howard