[Air-l] Analyzing user generated multimedia content

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Wed Nov 15 09:28:32 PST 2006

You might take a look at the paper "Common Visual Design Elements of
Weblogs", which Lois Scheidt and I wrote for the "Into the Blogosphere"
collection a few years ago.

Start with http://blog.lib.umn.edu/blogosphere/

Our understanding of how best to carry out that kind of (visual)
content-analytic research has advanced since we wrote the paper, but the
paper (and the collection as a whole...) is a good starting point.

There is certainly a *lot* of work to be done w.r.t. multimedia content
online.

Best,

--elijah