[Air-l] Petition Tony Blair, online that is

Ildiko Kaposi pphkai01 at phd.ceu.hu
Fri Nov 17 06:31:45 PST 2006

Wainer,

What's the reason for your disbelief?

I took only a cursory glance at the sight, so I'm not well-informed.
First of all, I don't know what the online petitioning implies exactly,
i.e. whether there are any obligatory consequences for the Right Hon.
Blair or government policy. But online petitioning as such is practised
elsewhere, and e-democracy has been something of a priority for the UK
government, so this seems to fit the pattern.
Am I misreading the initiative?

Ildiko

>>> "Wainer Lusoli" <w.lusoli at lse.ac.uk> 11/17/06 1:56 PM >>>
http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/