[Air-l] On-line behaviour

Alexis Turner subbies at redheadedstepchild.org
Mon Nov 27 15:03:52 PST 2006

::Alexis Turner wrote:
::> This response is indicative of something I have been thinking about a lot
::> lately, which can basically be summed up by asking "WHY do we expect people
::> to use the web to the extent to which we, web professionals and scholars,
::> do?" and "WHY are we so dumbfounded when they don't?" In particular, I have
::> really begun to question my own horrified, but, ultimately, knee jerk
::> reaction to discovering that someone does not "engage," "participate," or
::> "produce" things on the web.  After all, I don't grow my own food, fix my
::> own car, or build my own calculators, so why should I expect others to learn
::> HTML, join a list, or defrag their own harddrive?
::