[Air-l] A note on (online) bibliography

Anders Fagerjord anders.fagerjord at media.uio.no
Fri Oct 20 07:24:24 PDT 2006

Den 20. okt. 2006 kl. 16.13 skrev Joseph Reagle:

> First, most of the primary sources are online, and have only been
>      online. Quotations from e-mail and most exclusively online
>      resources have no page numbers associated with them.

The MLA style (http://www.mla.org/style) suggests that for
unpaginated material, you state the paragraph number, counted from top.

Styles are a matter of academic discipline, and something often not
under your control. I tend to prefer MLA as it not only has specified
how to cite almost all kinds of communication, but also because it
avoids the necessity for year-and-letter constructions (2004a), and
you stay clear of obviously anachronic constructions like "_Rhetoric_
(Aristotle, 1989)."

--anders

--
Anders Fagerjord, dr. art.