[Air-l] Definitions

Sam Tilden tildensam at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 21 11:46:28 PDT 2006

All,

  Honestly I don't mean to be dogmatic or pugnacious. I am confused by the contradictions I see in Nacy's interpretation and what I think mission statement is about. I'm trying to learn from the hazards thatat others have experienced.

  Pax Electronica,

  Sam

  Sam

Ellis Godard <egodard at csun.edu> wrote:
  The goal to "promote scholarly and critical research" seems narrower than
"further our understandings of the internet" as you paraphrase. Inquiry
seems broader than research, and this difference is implied by your
suggestion that differentiating the ideas would dismiss or alienate anyone.

I don't mean to dismiss or alienate anyone, of course. I only meant to
inquire, in terms tone and intention less dogmatic than Sam, whether the
words in the association's name provide meaningful boundaries. Their not
doing so wouldn't be *bad* thing, but certainly a curious one - worthy of
inquiry, if not research. :)

=eg

http://www.aoir.org/