[Air-l] CMC vs the other stuff

Ellis Godard egodard at csun.edu
Sun Oct 29 14:31:41 PST 2006

A tremendous amount of work - some research, some theoretical, some
pre-theoretical - addresses differences between CMC and FTF interactions,
some of which (such as regarding speed and/or syncronicity) differs from
"letter-mail" and some (such as regarding lack of vocal cues, and
differences in turn taking) differs from telephone use.