[Air-l] AOIR organization

Nancy Baym nbaym at ku.edu
Thu Oct 26 11:49:47 PDT 2006

>  >   Who is the single most important person? (not necessarily the
>  > current leadership)
>
>Unless, of course, you mean this in terms of the original
>organization of AoIR, in which case...I guess it would have to be me.

It is not hubris for Steve Jones to say this, it's a simple fact.
Although many of us contributed to getting it off the ground, the
association would never have happened without Steve's leadership. And
although he has stepped back from that role considerably now, his
legacy looms large in the association's ethos.

Jeremy Hunsinger should also be noted for having built the technical
structures through which AoIR has operated since 1998 (a role now
served by Alex Halavais) and serving as program chair of our first
conference.

Nancy