[Air-l] conference - the aftermath

Rivka Niesten r.niesten at ecu.edu.au
Tue Oct 10 19:26:59 PDT 2006

All AoIR Conference attendees

On the way back home from the conference throughout the boring flight
my mind was ticking over with all the new things I had learned and
thinking about all the nice new friends I had made.

I thought wouldn't it be great to somehow crystallise the whole
experience in terms of new knowledge and resources for the
community.  I thought who will do this? Then I  thought why not me?

My plan is to everyone in our community for some input - a paragraph
or so of your personal highlights and any links you think are really
good and then I will summarise it, try to get it into some
comprehensible whole, then offer it to the AUC (Apple University
Consortium) magazine "Wheels for the Mind" for publication. This will
promote the AoIR in Australia, and acknowledge Apple's role in
providing the computers for the conference. In addition I will need
some hi res pics if possible. Does anyone have any of these,
particularly featuring Apple computers?

If there is sufficient response to be worthwhile, I will also post
the results to a website or we can use some other form of technology
to disseminate the information.

What do you think?

Rivka