[Air-l] Practical bon log application advice

Tama Leaver tamaleaver at gmail.com
Wed Oct 18 18:49:43 PDT 2006

In my experience, Wordpress is great for blogs when a single student
is using them (and either wordpress.com or James Farmer's edublogs.org
both offer great, easy-to-use and freely hosted versions of Wordpress
Mu which anyone can sign up to and be blogging in five minutes) but
Blogger is actually easier to set up for course or tutorial blogs (ie
those blogs where a number of students or your entire course are
blogging in one place, in one blog -- or even one bon log! ;)

If you do prefer to run them on your university's servers rather than
a service hosted elsewhere, blogger can be set up this way (although
the interface and brain of the service remains on the google servers
while your actual blog itself is on the uni server) or Wordpress Mu
(http://mu.wordpress.org/) could be installed by one person and then
used as the portal through which students cna set up blogs without
actually going through installation themselves.

Cheers,
Tama
--
Dr Tama Leaver
Associate Lecturer (Higher Education Development)

www: http://www.catl.uwa.edu.au
blog: http://ponderance.blogspot.com
edublog: http://tama.edublogs.org