[Air-l] sharing Endnote

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Fri Oct 27 17:41:51 PDT 2006

Within NetLab, with 5 PCs, we have Endnote on the server, and as long as
one person is accessing at a time, it works fine under a single license.

This is a bit of a kludge, but only a bit.

It should work fine from a distance, if you use a remote access program
like PC-Anywhere.

We also ship our updated bibliography by zip file weekly to remote NetLab
folks who have their own Endnote software.

As for a multi-user, multi-site setup for a real network, that's beyond my
ken.

But we have 16K items on the biblio (no abstracts or long notes though),
and it has never given us a problem.

 Barry Wellman

  Barry Wellman   S.D. Clark Professor of Sociology   NetLab Director
        for fun: http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php