[Air-l] Response to discussion on Wikis

Kevin Guidry krguidry at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 15:36:10 PDT 2006

On 10/8/06, Martin G. Smith <martin at redseven.ca> wrote:
> I suggest it might be incumbent on those said same
> academics to perhaps nudge the quality of wikis in general
> and wikipedia in particular which in turn improve the
> quality of the knowledge within the community as a whole.

   Roy Rosenzweig of the Center for History and New Media at George
Mason University issued a similar call to historians in an article
entitled "Can History be Open Source? Wikipedia and the Future of the
Past" published in Volume 93, Number 1 of The Journal of American
History.  He has a copy of the article online at
http://chnm.gmu.edu/resources/essays/d/42.

Kevin