[Air-l] multitasking

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Sat Oct 14 10:12:36 PDT 2006

As this is the Association of Internet RESEARCHERS, I wonder if anyone has
done any Research on multitasking -- to address the interesting
conjectures that a bunch of people have.

Alas, the only study I know of is our own (actually mostly Anabel's)
observations, interviews and surveys of a high-tech orgnization:

Anabel Quan-Haase and Barry Wellman. "Hyperconnected Net Work:
Computer-Mediated Community in a High-Tech Organization." Pp. 281-333 in
The Firm as a Collaborative Community: Reconstructing Trust in the
Knowledge Economy, edited by Charles Heckscher and Paul Adler. New York:
Oxford University Press, 2006.

Anabel Quan-Haase and Barry Wellman, "From the Computerization Movement to
Computerization: A Case Study of a Community of Practice." Forthcoming in
Computerization Movements and Technology Diffusion: From Mainframes to
Ubiquitous Computing, edited by Ken Kraemer and Margaret Elliott. Medford,
NJ: Information Today, 2007.

 Barry Wellman

  Barry Wellman   S.D. Clark Professor of Sociology   NetLab Director
        for fun: http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php