[Air-l] conference - the aftermath

Monica Barratt monica.barratt at postgrad.curtin.edu.au
Tue Oct 10 21:04:12 PDT 2006

I concur with Mary-Helen and Paul. The Doctoral Colloquium was reassuring -
often it feels isolating being a PhD student working on the edge of your own
discipline or in my case, field of study (drug and alcohol studies).
Although we all came from such different areas of study (with 'internet' in
common) and different places around the world, we could find much common
ground in our experiences of the PhD process itself.

Another important part of the conference was the people I met. This being my
first 'internet' conference, it is exciting and different for me to not only
collect people's business cards, but to subscribe to their blogs as well.
What a great way to stay in touch with people's research and ideas, and to
continue learning from/with them long after the conference is complete.

Rivka, I look forward to reading your summary. What a great idea!

cheers
monica

Monica Barratt
PhD Candidate