[Air-l] Multitasking

Naomi Susan Baron nbaron at american.edu
Sat Oct 14 18:40:28 PDT 2006

My students and I at American University did a study in 2004-2005 of
college-student multitasking while using IM. Two of the authors (Tim Clem
and Brian Rabinovitz) presented the data at AOIR last year in Chicago.

I've incorporated some of the data into a book chapter I've written,
called "Adjusting the Volume: The Impact of Technology and Multitasking on
Discourse Control". (The book, edited by James Katz, is still in press.)
You can find an early draft of the chapter on my website,
http://www.american.edu/lfs/tesol/baronhome.htm

Best,
Naomi

Naomi S. Baron