[Air-l] Assistant/Associate Professor - SILS - Knowledge Organization

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Tue Oct 17 05:48:12 PDT 2006

Apologies for crossposting.  Below is a position in the department
where I work, we have several degrees, the MLIS, a certificate in
Archives and a focused MLIS in Museum Libraries.   We also have in
development a Center for Cultural Informatics and several exciting
international collaborations (and we are always looking for more).
The future looks excellent.
-Jeremy
Closing Date:
02/15/2007

Position Summary:
This is a full-time, tenure-track faculty position at the assistant/
associate professor rank, available Fall 2007.

Job Responsibilities:
- Teach three courses per semester including Knowledge Organization.
- Develop courses and help build programs in area of specialization;
contribute to curriculum development.
- Conduct research in knowledge organization, publish in peer-
reviewed journals, and present at professional conferences.
- Serve as an advisor to SILS students.
- Serve on School and Institute committees and participate in
Institute-wide initiatives; contribute to the life of the school.
- Perform all other related activities as required.

Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience.

Qualifications:
We require a Ph.D. in library and information science or a related
field. Applicants must have a specialization in knowledge
organization defined broadly to include access and retrieval for
database systems and networks, search engines and digital libraries.
Demonstrated ability to help build programs and courses in the
knowledge organization field defined broadly to include areas such as
cataloging, metadata, indexing, taxonomy and thesauri. Candidates
should have some college level teaching experience, preferably in an
LIS graduate program; some professional experience related to
knowledge organization; and related research and publications. Must
be active in professional organizations and have excellent
interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.

To Apply:
Please submit a letter of application, c.v., and the names and
contact information for three professional references to:

Assistant to the Dean
School of Information and Library Science
Position Code APKO
Pratt Institute
144 West 14th Street
6th Floor
New York, NY 10011
Email: vthomas at pratt.edu
Fax: 212-367-2492

Jeremy Hunsinger
Pratt Institute
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal