[Air-l] Open source bibliography database

Christian Nelson xianknelson at mac.com
Mon Oct 23 06:27:27 PDT 2006

just a few days ago, someone on the list posted a "technology
evangelist" job for a project named zotero. Curiosity piqued, I went to
the site - www.zotero.org - and found this out about Zotero:

Zotero is a free, easy-to-use research tool that helps you gather and
organize resources (whether bibliography or the full text of articles),
and then lets you to annotate, organize, and share the results of your
research. It includes the best parts of older reference manager
software (like EndNote)—the ability to store full reference information
in author, title, and publication fields and to export that as
formatted references—and the best parts of modern software such as
del.icio.us or iTunes, like the ability to sort, tag, and search in
advanced ways. Using its unique ability to sense when you are viewing a
book, article, or other resource on the web, Zotero will—on many major
research sites—find and automatically save the full reference
information for you in the correct fields.

In short, Zotero looks really cool.
Perhaps I should look into that "technology evangelist" job their
offering, eh?

--Christian Nelson