[Air-l] concerns about new biblio programs

Barry Wellman wellman at chass.utoronto.ca
Tue Oct 24 13:31:26 PDT 2006

I'm a little concerned about people getting involved in bibliographic
programs which might not be supported in a few years, Open Source or not.

Our investment in building our bibliographies tend to cumulate.

That's why I stick with Endnote, despite its propietary nature.
Even after being bought by ISI, it seems to have staying power.
And with my 16K items in my bibliography, I'd hate to have to re-enter.

Or am I missing something?

Cheers, Barry Wellman

  Barry Wellman   S.D. Clark Professor of Sociology   NetLab Director
        for fun: http://chass.utoronto.ca/oldnew/cybertimes.php