[Air-l] EndNote

catherine middleton catherine.middleton at sympatico.ca
Fri Oct 27 08:41:52 PDT 2006

For those of you who do use EndNote and are interested in information
systems research, there is a great web page with links to many
EndNote libraries at http://www.isworld.org/endnote/index.asp.
Effectively, these are subject area bibliographies, with the
references already entered in EndNote.

I have a similar file available for references on mobility and
broadband. It's somewhat out of date, but can be accessed at
http://www.broadbandresearch.ca/endnote/endnote.php.

On the question of EndNote vs. RefWorks, I prefer to have my data
stored locally (as EndNote does), rather than accessible only online
(RefWorks). EndNote has its quirks, but generally works well on both
Mac and PC. Avoid version 8 however.

catherine

ps - if anyone has found a good solution for sharing a single EndNote
file (so that multiple people on a research team can update a single
database over a network), can you please let me know how you do it?