[Air-l] suggestions?

Denise N. Rall denrall at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 3 14:28:38 PDT 2006

Well done, Christian!

Hope to see you at an AoIR conference soon.

It did occur to me (despite "talking too much") that
the disease model functions more sufficiently when the
device is perceived as human or human-like.

Reeves, B. and C. Nass (1996). The media equation: How
people treat computers, television, and new media like
real people and places. Cambridge, MA, CLSI
Publications, Cambridge University Press.

I feel sure that Nass/Reeves has said something about
this more recently.

There was some research on telephone addiction but now
I can't find it. Here's one on television:
Sundar, L. and S. Sundar (2002). "Television addiction
- is no mere metaphor." Scientific American February.

refers to paper:
Lang, A. (2000). "The limited capacity model of
mediated message processing." Journal of Communication
50(1): 46-70.

Cheers, Denise

Denise N. Rall, PhD thesis submitted, School of Environ. Science,
Southern Cross University, Lismore NSW 2480 AUSTRALIA
Tuesdays: Room T2.17, +61 (0)2 6620 3577 or Mobile 0427 245 497
http://www.scu.edu.au/schools/rsm/staff/pages/drall/
Virtual member, Cybermetrics Group, University of Wolverhampton, UK
http://cybermetrics.wlv.ac.uk/index.html