[Air-l] Latour, ANT, and Internet Research

Sisse Siggaard Jensen sisse at ruc.dk
Tue Oct 17 00:56:59 PDT 2006

Hi Christian,
In my current research project on 'Actors and Avatars Communicating in
Virtual Worlds' (2006-2007) I do, among other things, analyze the
interrelations of actors and avatars when seen from an actor network
theoretical perspective, as I trace some of the transformations from
'intermediaries' to 'mediators' (Latour) of this relationship.

I carry out my empirical research with so-called videoviews (a hybrid of
research interviews and video-observations), which means that I follow
the actors and their trajectories of transformations when they 'travel'
into and move around these worlds.

regards, Sisse
--
Sisse Siggaard Jensen, Associate Professor,
Dept. of Communication, Business, and Information Technologies.