[Air-l] Practical bon log application advice

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Wed Oct 18 11:16:32 PDT 2006

> We will probably be able to get server space on a university computer.
> But I need advice on possible software/applications.  At a minimum we
> want our students to be able to input/upload text and images (video
> would be nice, too).  The interface needs to be relatively simple, as we
> will sometimes be working from cybercafés, with limited time to fuss
> with things.  And, of course, cost is a factor.  Any suggestions?

"geeky street cred" these days seems to go to serendipity:

http://www.s9y.com/

It lacks some of the most annoying warts that affect Wordpress
(http://www.wordpress.org) and Movable Type
(http://www.sixapart.com/movabletype), the other two weblog publishing
systems that people are likely to recommend to you.

Other systems, such as Drupal and Joomla! and Moodle, could be tweaked
into meeting your needs-- but probably significantly outstrip your need
for flexibility or your desire to carry out extensive configuration.

Hope this helps,

--elijah