[Air-l] Practical bon log application advice

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Wed Oct 18 17:50:12 PDT 2006

I just had my students set up on wordpress.com   it is free, though
you can pay for special extras, and has what i think is the best spam
protection around.  oh... it took them less time to set up the blog
on their own than it too me to tell them what a blog was...  so that
was funny....  i said 15 minutes... 2 minutes later they are staring
at me...
On Oct 18, 2006, at 10:45 AM, Christopher J. Richter wrote:

> My experience with blogs is limited to reading, and occasionally
> posting comments to other peoples.  But during January I will be co-
> teaching a travel-study course  We would like one of the
> assignments to be a travel blog for the entire class.
>
> We will probably be able to get server space on a university
> computer.  But I need advice on possible software/applications.  At
> a minimum we want our students to be able to input/upload text and
> images (video would be nice, too).  The interface needs to be
> relatively simple, as we will sometimes be working from cybercafés,
> with limited time to fuss with things.  And, of course, cost is a
> factor.  Any suggestions?
>
> Feel free to offer advice either on or off list.
>
> Thanks
> Chris
>
> Christopher J. Richter
> Assoc. Prof. & Chair, Communication Studies
> Hollins University
> P.O. Box 9652
> Roanoke VA, 24020
> Tel. 5403626358
> Fax 5403626286
> e-mail crichter at hollins.edu
> web www.hollins.edu

Jeremy Hunsinger
Pratt Institute
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal