[Air-l] Fwd: [school-discuss] Self Organising Systems for mass education

radhika gajjala radhika at cyberdiva.org
Sun Sep 10 06:45:29 PDT 2006

Such projects are always written up with a great deal of celebration.

I have seen other reports of the hole in the wall project - and
needless to say it looks interesting and wonderful when taken fully
out of context.

Of course the utility of computer literacy for a particular kind of
global world (with it colonizing undertones) is
unquestionable.Somewhat like "learning English" was in previous
decades (still is) in the so-called "developing world"....

but is just "computer access" the goal?
what does it mean to be computer literate in specific contexts?

What is context in this case?

--
Radhika Gajjala
Associate Professor and Graduate Coordinator

For queries about
BGSU's School of Communication Studies
Grad program, email comsgrad at bgsu.edu

For info on the Theory Research cluster at SCS - see
http://scs.bgsu.edu/Research/ResearchClusters/theory.php