[Air-l] FW: list etiquette

Jeremy Hunsinger jhuns at vt.edu
Mon Sep 11 07:30:08 PDT 2006

>> I assert that Charles Ess as the result of a private
>> communication, by
>> someone else, has labeled me unprofessional and unethical in the
>> public
>> forum.
> 2) This is false.  My communication was posted to the public forum
> only by
> you.
> My communication was to the pseudonmymous Rasputin, copied to the AoIR
> executive committee (a closed list) and Jeremy Hunsinger.

in regards to this, the reason I was copied, i'd guess, is because I
suggested to the exec that it might be good to send a note out to the
list and its members about our organizational norms and list
etiquette.  I was previous advising them on what we had done in the
past and where to find that information.

In general terms, I am not addressing anyone in particular with that
effort, but relaying on  my experience of prior events as appropriate.

As I've said before, I have no stake in this, I have tcfir.org and
any of their collaborators that I've not met personally on ignore as
per my previous message on this subject.  I want nothing to do with
them, nor do I want to be included in their discussions.   I take no
issue with them and want no dealings with them beyond the 'that is
likely them' post that I made, which if it happens again, i'll make
again.  I am sure that they are all nice people, who work hard, and
want the best for the world, and i know that we all make errors in
judgement, action, and language.  We have already discerned that we
have points of agreement and disagreement.   I have nothing further
to say and don't want to be included in any discussions on AIR-L that
deal with them.  My friends and colleagues--as always--are welcome to
talk to me off list.

I want to talk about internet research, cultural informatics, e-
learning, digital learning, political economy,  making the world a
better place, and anything else that I'm working on, thinking about,
or generally interested in.  I'll contribute to those efforts
appropriately:)  I'd encourage others to find their own interests and
to make their contributions.   Let's get back to internet research,
get our work done, and get on with things in the interdisciplinary,
international, collegial and open spirit of AoIR.

Jeremy Hunsinger
Pratt Institute
() ascii ribbon campaign - against html mail
/\ - against microsoft attachments

http://www.aoir.org The Association of Internet Researchers
http://www.stswiki.org/ stswiki
http://cfp.learning-inquiry.info/  LI-the journal