[Air-l] Open access publishing (was a modest proposal)

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Mon Sep 11 11:10:08 PDT 2006

> Subject: [Air-l] Open access publishing (was a modest proposal)
>
> On open access I wonder if someone could give me further information (on
> or offlist) about the humanities participating less than the sciences.
> As one who works in the humanities outside the United States, I've been
> interested in what's been said aabout OA so far on the list. And

In the circles of "digital humanists" or "technorhetoricians", it is
fairly frequently discussed that the common currency of a humanities
tenure case is frequently the *book*, rather than the article.

Books are, of course, [or perhaps *not* of course...] less frequently OA
or released 'gratis' than journal articles or entries into conference
proceedings are....

Hoping that some of the folks on the list from rhetoric will chime in -
especially those who do IP issues and 'digital tenure' sorts of advocacy,

--elijah