[Air-l] Dear Dr. Aristotle

Dr. W. Reid Cornwell wrc at tcfir.org
Wed Sep 13 14:10:45 PDT 2006

I presume from your comment that you know what the Internet is. You see I
don't. I'll tell you what I do know that justifies this thread.

1. I didn't start it.
2. Monster Board, Jobs.com, Yahoo Employment, Google Employment, Intratech
(my old company) more...... have changed the way Human Resources and
candidates find each other. ( an relatively unstudied phenomena)
3. I know that your University has its own web based employment practice
4. I know that screening software would almost certainly rule out Michael
Faraday.
5. I know that recruiting websites, book selling and pornography are the
most commercially successful categories on the Internet.

I also know that you have no idea what I think about Academia. I know that
it could stand considerably more criticism than I have offered. I know that
the posting of Jeremy's is from a highly respected source with whom I agree.

I consider your comments an unjustified flaming that underscores my earlier
criticism about exclusionary attitudes that undercut cross-disciplinarity.

Hope you and your father work it out. He may have a Point! Actually, I think
he may have a lot of company among the common folk.

I have this mental picture of Niles, Frazier (sp), and their father.

Reid