[Air-l] Open access publishing (was a modest proposal)

William Bain willronb at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 14 01:02:25 PDT 2006

On Elija's post of  "In the circles of "digital humanists" or "technorhetoricians", it is fairly frequently discussed that the common currency of a humanities tenure case is frequently the *book*, rather than the article. Books are, of course, [or perhaps *not* of course...] less frequently OA or released 'gratis' than journal articles or entries into conference proceedings are....” : points taken and thanks very much! When I sent my original question I hadn't seen the Directory of Open Access Journals (http://www.doaj.org/) . 85 hits for languages and literatures, 58 for llinguistics; journals represented in different languages (as you're probably already aware). Thanks again,

  William

William Bain
PhD Student
Comparative Literature