[Air-l] list behavior

Christian Nelson xianknelson at mac.com
Thu Sep 14 04:20:52 PDT 2006

Another aspect of list behavior I find interesting is some folks'
tendency to respond to a troll. Why do it? Despite Cornwell's truly
abysmal behavior on the list, some folks insist on looking for a silk
purse in his messages, and responding as if he were just another
internet scholar, and thereby legitimize his presence and previous
behavior. I've seen this before. I find it bizarre. Can anyone explain?
Has anyone seen or done any research on this? (BTW, to the list member
who find's Cornwell's stuff on education and technology so
groundbreaking and insightful: Its not. It may be new to you, but that
ground has been broken for some time and is being tilled by lots of
other folks.)