[Air-l] Air-list

Jennifer Stromer-Galley jstromer at albany.edu
Thu Sep 14 05:34:27 PDT 2006

Christian said:

>How could
> posts like Reid's, as obnoxious as they are, impact a community in a
> negative way? Do you suspect that others also can't help themselves
> reading the messages, then becoming frustrated with them, and then
> dropping from the list?

I don't think that's the case so much as people seeing that only a small
handful of people are posting ALOT, and that the conversation topic(s) are
irrelevant to why they subscribed to the list, and so they unsubscribe.

People have emailed me backchannel and some are saying it publicly that they
are a hair's breath from unsubscribing from AoIR - people who are long-time
readers of this list.

That, to my mind, is unhealthy for this community.

Best,
~Jenny