[Air-l] vampirefreaks and yesterday's massacre

kelly boudreau kelly.boudreau at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 11:03:39 PDT 2006

Hi Sara
Indeed, it seems that this is standard practice when such an event occurs. I
recall a news story a while back that discussed such removals. In that
particular case, it was a MySpace page, and it was deemed to have been
removed out of respect of the victims (among other reasons). The article
reported that it was removed also due to the increase of "rubbernecking"
traffic to the site (curious onlookers creating traffic jams). Another
reason they had removed the page was that the comments thread had become
over wrought with posts resulting in a relative flame war among commentors.
( I will try to locate the article, if only I can remember what newspaper it
was in)

As for any legal issues, indeed it could be considered part of their
investigation, much like one's apartment and automobile.
If I find the link, I will pass it on.

-Kelly Boudreau
Dept. of Sociology & Anthropology
Concordia University