[Air-l] vampirefreaks et al

Sabryna Cornish cornish at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 14 15:12:36 PDT 2006

Hi Jonathan--

I don't know the answer to your question, but I did find your story fascinating in a different respect. I think perhaps the scariest part of your conversation with the reporter for me is the fact that he seemed to already have made up his mind that it was the web site that had a large part in the resulting action. I am currently looking at how mass media portrayed the internet when it first came out and then plan on expanding to see if certain reporters who covered technology/the Internet at the time were biased in their coverage. Your comments here indicate that perhaps I might be on to something:-)...

Sabryna