[Air-l] psychological impact of telework

Caroline Haythornthwaite haythorn at uiuc.edu
Thu Sep 14 16:18:50 PDT 2006

Janet Salaff has a great paper on how teleworkers manage the home/work
boundary at home. She also has other papers on teleworkers.

Salaff, Janet (2002). Where Home is the Office: The New Form of Flexible Work.
In B. Wellman & C. Haythornthwaite (Eds.), The Internet In Everyday Life (pp.
464-495). Oxford, UK: Blackwell.
** earlier version available in American Behavioral Scientist, 45(3)

For a similar paper on how people manage online education with home, see my
own paper with Michelle Kazmer

Haythornthwaite, C. & Kazmer, M. M. (2002). Bringing the Internet home: Adult
distance learners and their Internet, Home and Work worlds. In B. Wellman & C.
Haythornthwaite (Eds.), The Internet in everyday life (pp. 431-463). Oxford, UK:
Blackwell.
** also an earlier version in American Behavioral Scientist, 45(3)

/Caroline