[Air-l] Trusted Wikipedia

paolo massa massa at itc.it
Thu Sep 21 00:46:59 PDT 2006

I guess you have heard of the recently launched Citizendium.
See "New Citizendium to correct Wikipedia's wrongs?" at

How does your idea relates to Citizendium?

Citizendium is at http://citizendium.org/
The Citizendium Project
The Citizendium (sit-ih-ZEN-dee-um), a "citizens' compendium of
everything," will be an experimental new wiki project that combines
public participation with gentle expert guidance.  It will begin life
as a "progressive fork" of Wikipedia.  But we expect it to take on a
life of its own and, perhaps, to become the flagship of a new set of
responsibly-managed free knowledge projects.  We will avoid calling it
an "encyclopedia," because there will probably always be articles in
the resource that have not been vouched for in any sense.
We believe a fork is necessary, and justified, both to allow regular
people a place to work under the direction of experts, and in which
personal accountability--including the use of real names--is expected.
 In short, we want to create a responsible community and a good global
citizen.

P.