[Air-l] groups

Dr. Steve Eskow drseskow at cox.net
Sun Sep 24 09:03:46 PDT 2006

Edward,

Your message suggests to me that somewhere in the literature there are
attempts to distinguish between a "group," a "team," a "society," an
"organization," and so on. Or are these terms used imprecisely in the
literature?

Another hunch: most of the research and writing on "groups" assumes that
"groups" will be meeting in real time and face-to-face for most of their
"groupness."

Thus the possibibility that much of the research does not fit well or easily
such new creations as online assemblages of people such as this one where
time and space are used in novel ways.

Steve Eskow