[Air-l] Wikipedia entry cited by UK educational establishment

David Brake d.r.brake at lse.ac.uk
Fri Sep 29 06:50:55 PDT 2006

Long-overdue recognition of its usefulness or beginning of the end of
civilization? I don't want to speculate - but I certainly raised an
eyebrow when I saw http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio4/history/childhood/ -
the website for a 30 part radio history of childhood.

It's a flagship series on Radio 4, broadcast (and produced?) by the
BBC with some kind of relationship to the Open University and one of
the two external links given on the site was to a Wikipedia entry. I
don't know if this is a new policy from the BBC or just some web
producer taking their own initiative but it's a sign of the times
that this would have been considered...

---
David Brake, Doctoral Student in Media and Communications, London
School of Economics & Political Science
<http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/media@lse/study/
mPhilPhDMediaAndCommunications.htm>
Also see http://davidbrake.org/ (home page), http://blog.org/
(personal weblog) and http://get.to/lseblog (academic groupblog)
Author of Dealing With E-Mail - <http://davidbrake.org/
dealingwithemail/>
callto://DavidBrake (Skype.com's Instant Messenger and net phone)