[Air-l] Air-list

Mark Warschauer markw at uci.edu
Wed Sep 13 17:12:33 PDT 2006

Also a disruptive person (and I speaking only in the general here)
can hijack the entire direction of a list, thus limited the
beneficial effect of filtering out an individual's messages.  A
troll, for example, might work to intentionally raise disruptive
points and get other list members talking about irrelevant or
unproductive topics.  Filtering out the comments of the troll, in
that case, will not restore the integrity of the list.  Again, I am
just speaking generally.
Mark

--
Mark Warschauer
Associate Professor of Education and Informatics