[Air-l] Air-list

Charlie Breindahl charlie.breindahl at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 03:15:54 PDT 2006

I certainly agree with Jeremy, but then we were listparents for AIR-L
together. With regards to blogging, Dr. Cornwell apparently does
something similar. See http://bigdog.gather.com/ Dr. Cornwell has
alluded to his presence there in previous postings to this list.

I guees I see the general direction that Dr. Cornwell's postings take
as an indirect attack on the US university system. I am not
qualitified to judge the merit of Dr. Cornwell's crusade, but using
AIR-L as the venue is a waste of bandwith. Which - even in the era of
broadband - I think should be considered a sin against the spirit of
the Internet.

Best,
Charlie

On 9/14/06, David M Silver <dmsilver at usfca.edu> wrote:
> i agree (and i bet most listmembers agree) with Richard Forno when he says:
>
> > I agree with Jeremy...on my lists, if someone gets too far off-topic or
> > keeps breaking the list rules, I pull them aside to warn them. If it
> > continues, they get removed straight away -- that's the only time I
> > exercise my "iron hand as listdad." (That has rarely happened, as most
> > folks tend to be respectful and responsible when warned, at least on my
> > lists.)
>
> Rasputin and Dr. W. Reid Cornwell: both of you have a lot of interesting
> ideas and you certainly enjoy sharing them!  instead of pooping all over
> this list, you should blog.
>
> david silver

Charlie Breindahl
External Lecturer
University of Copenhagen + IT University of Copenhagen

Web:    http://staff.hum.ku.dk/hitch/
Phone:  +45 35 32 81 14
Mobile: +45 51 92 15 98
E-mail: hitch at hum.ku.dk

"For the modern Don Quixote, the windmills have been preprogrammed to
turn into knights"
        - Janet H. Murray