[Air-l] Industry,Academy

Dr. Steve Eskow drseskow at cox.net
Thu Sep 14 12:47:13 PDT 2006

After sending my post on industry and the academy I received this invitation
from the College of Engineering at UCSB. I can think of no clearer
refutation of Reid Cornwell's criticisms of the university, and no clearer
demonstration of the university's ties to industry.

Note that I was asked to invite others: I hope some of you can come!

Steve Eskow

Dear Steve,

The College of Engineering at UC Santa Barbara would like to extend you a
special invitation to

Engineering Insights 2006
UC Santa Barbara
Tuesday, October 17 (2 pm to 6 pm) and
Wednesday, October 18 (8 am to 3 pm)

Engineering Insights, research review for the College of Engineering, will
allow you to learn about high-profile research in your particular area of
interest: bioengineering, communications and networking, nanotechnology,
computational science and engineering, materials, and computer systems,
security and virtual environments.

Hear our featured speakers from Mitsubishi Chemical and Google:
Yoshimitsu Kobayashi, CTO and Managing Executive Officer, Mitsubishi
Chemical Corporation
Mark Lucovsky, Technical Director, Engineering, Google Inc.

Meet and talk with faculty, industry leaders and graduate students in your
area who are doing innovative work and successfully transferring technology
from lab to marketplace.

Find out more and register at
http://www.engineering.ucsb.edu/insights2006/invite/
Or call me, Andrew Elliott, at 805.893.5497.

I invite you to send this e-mail to anyone whom may be interested in moving
research from lab to industry.

Sincerely,
Andrew Elliott

Corporate Programs Manager
University of California Santa Barbara
Elliott at engineering.ucsb.edu
Phone (805) 893-5497

Forward email

This email was sent to drseskow at cox.net, by events at engineering.ucsb.edu
Update Profile/Email Address | Instant removal with SafeUnsubscribeT |
Privacy Policy. Powered by

UCSB | University of California | Santa Barbara | CA | 93101