[Air-l] vampirefreaks and moral panics

Anna Rogozinska milady at eo.pl
Thu Sep 14 13:13:36 PDT 2006

I agree, it already is interesting: follow the latest journal entry of
the site's owner (http://vampirefreaks.com/) - he is trying to do some
white PR here, the responses are first from the community only, giving
support to one another, blaming the media for blaming them and
solidarizing with the victims (not in many posts, though, their
community is the most important thing in this discussion), then come
some people from the outside blaming the community, trying to flood the
forum (one person) or solidarizing with the victims/blaming members of
the forum for not solidarizing enough and focusing on their community
instead.

Fascinating, and I've just started reading.

Anna

--
Anna Rogozinska, M.A.
Institute of Polish Culture