[Air-l] Wiki Fiction

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Sun Sep 17 17:51:25 PDT 2006

Ellis Godard wrote:
> Yes. But the apparent "register to edit" option could have been a ruse to
> conceal that it's a non-editable marketing ploy. I didn't register to check.

Yes, lostpedia.com is a real wiki, as is lost.wikia.com.  There is an
explosion of free culture sites where people are taking the idea of
Wikipedia's successes and applying it to other kinds of websites.

I have nothing to do with lostpedia.com, other than knowing that they
are a real community, nice people.  I am the founder of wikia.

--Jimbo