[Air-l] Trusted Wikipedia

Heidelberg, Chris Chris.Heidelberg at ssa.gov
Thu Sep 21 09:38:40 PDT 2006

The publishing/media industry has been a traditional partner with
academia. As a member of the media on the public side now, and formerly
on the corporate side exclusively, I know that the publishers have had a
monopoly and amassed large fortunes due to academic publishing.
Universities can now be full fledged publishers with online publishing
and contain the costs and reap some of the profits.