[Air-l] A DistributedTeach-In on Guantanamo

Greg Elmer gelmer at ryerson.ca
Sat Sep 23 08:59:04 PDT 2006

Hi folks,

There are quite of few of us on this list who do research on 'digital activism', I found the post from D. Silver to be informative and helpful, in terms of keeping up to date with initiatives that are using new media or 'distributive' models of organizing to achieve political goals. While I understand to desire to focus this list on research related issues I would not want to preclude 'informational' posts on events or initiatives that might inform the work of Internet researchers (say, those studying distributed forms of politics and activism).

/GE

Greg Elmer, PhD
Bell Globemedia Research Chair
Director, Infoscape Research Lab, www.infoscapelab.ca
Rogers Communications Centre/School of Radio-TV Arts
Ryerson University
350 Victoria Street, Toronto, Ontario
Canada      M5B 2K3

416-979-5282
Co-Editor,
Space and Culture: An International Journal of Social Spaces
http://www.carleton.ca/space/