[Air-l] ethics - aol data

Maciej Kos kos at gnu.univ.gda.pl
Sun Sep 3 16:17:37 PDT 2006

> Any application of this collection
> for commercial purposes is  STRICTLY PROHIBITED.

A part from my academic position I also work for a Internet Marketing/SEO
company. I don't see how such a statement could stop anybody from using this
data. If you don't use it and your competitors do, you may even eventually go
broke. It is a do-or-die situation.

I myself have not used the data for commercial purposes but there are tones of
people doing it.

Just my two cents.

M.