[Air-l] FW: list etiquette

Dr. W. Reid Cornwell wrc at tcfir.org
Sun Sep 10 19:43:32 PDT 2006

For those of you that have been speculating that I am Rasputin I hate to
disappoint you but I am not him. Charles is correct that they are associated
with me but I did not put them up to those communications. I did allow them
to change the login to the listserv but what transpired is not of my doing.

Having said that, I have several things to bring to your attention.

I agree with everything that Rasputin said. (I have read them)

I have also read my own communications to the listserv. (over 150 pages)
While they arguably could be considered aggressive, they have not labeled
anyone and have been directed towards specific points that should be
considered.

I argue that the most strident posts that I have made have been a reaction
to attacks by others and that even then what could be considered and attack
by me was framed as a question.

I assert that others have been allowed to label and to nuance criticism
without rapprochement.

I assert that under the color of an alias (KQ-Amazon) has been allowed to
level disrespectful communications and no one has risen to my defense. No
one has challenged the alias.

I assert that Terri Senft has been allowed, without rapprochement, to use
vulgar epithets and she has done so on three different occasions.

The arguably unethical or professional attack on my part was the poking of
fun at Jeremy for his use of dense language.

I assert that Charles Ess agreed with my assessment of the lack of clear
definitions and then reprimanded me for having said it not to his liking.

I assert that Charles Ess as the result of a private communication, by
someone else, has labeled me unprofessional and unethical in the public
forum.

I don't have to prove any points I have made. They are a matter of the
archival record.

I stand by the comments below.

Reid