[Air-l] Positions in New Media at Quinnipiac

Alex Halavais halavais at gmail.com
Tue Sep 12 08:40:40 PDT 2006

Hi!

There have been bunch notes out on the list recruiting faculty. I
joined the faculty at Quinnipiac University in Connecticut earlier
this year. I was looking for an opportunity to move from an Research 1
to a school that balances research with a dedication to teaching.
Admittedly, I've only been here for a little while, but I've been very
impressed with what I've seen. We have a great group of students, and
despite being a large "small" school (we have the largest
undergraduate program in the state, I believe), class sizes remain
small, and support of faculty for teaching and research is excellent.
Perhaps best of all, there is a strong entrepreneurial spirit on the
campus, and the university is attracting some outstanding faculty. I
suspect that if you haven't heard of Quinnipiac in the past, that will
be changing.

The School of Communication is hiring four tenure-track faculty this
year, and will be continuing to add faculty in the coming years. We
are looking for someone who can mix an online media production
background with strong theory and research and teach in our MS in
Interactive Communication. In particular, if you work in social
computing it would be great to have you up here. Please don't hesitate
to drop me a note, and I am happy to respond to any questions
candidly.

Thanks,

Alex

----

Assistant or Associate Professor
INTERACTIVE COMMUNICATION

The Quinnipiac University School of Communications seeks a full-time,
tenure track assistant or associate professor in interactive
communications to start August 2007. The School of Communications
prepares students to produce and critically analyze content in the
areas of news, public relations, entertainment and on-line media. The
ideal candidate will make substantial contributions to an innovative
Master's program in interactive communications, including supervision
of graduate student theses and creative projects. Teaching
responsibilities will also include courses at the undergraduate level
in media production. We seek applicants who are engaged in research
addressing emerging media and who are qualified to teach in areas of
the curriculum beyond production. Professional experience and advanced
degree required.

Applicants should submit cover letter, curriculum vitae, sample
publications or creative works, names and contact information for
three references to Dr. Raymond Foery, Chair, Department of Media
Studies and Media Production, Quinnipiac University, SB-MCM, 275 Mt.
Carmel Avenue, Hamden, CT 06518 or via email:
Raymond.Foery at quinnipiac.edu. Final consideration of candidates will
begin November 1, 2006 and continue until position is filled.

//
// This email is
// [X] assumed public and may be blogged / forwarded.
// [ ] assumed to be private, please ask before redistributing.
//
// Alexander C. Halavais
// Social Architect
// http://alex.halavais.net