[Air-l] Dear Dr. Aristotle

Dr. W. Reid Cornwell wrc at tcfir.org
Wed Sep 13 12:04:33 PDT 2006

Dr. Socrates P. Aristotle
Provost
Stellar University

Dear Dr. Aristotle,

I am applying for a position at your University. I believe that over the
years I have acquired some knowledge that could be useful to your students.
I would like the opportunity to teach and share this with them.

Let me tell you about myself.

I dropped out of formal education at 13. I took an apprenticeship in a local
book bindery where I took the opportunity to read most of the books in our
shop.

After 7 years I applied for a position as a lab technician for a notable
scientist. I was rejected. I attended one of his lectures and took notes. I
then sent those to him and was hired.

I served this scientist for many years and on occasion acted as his valet.
Although he was condescending and haughty, I learned from him. I might add
that during my association with him I was able to do some of my own
investigations and was lucky enough to discover some basic principles in
electro-magnetism.

My work has been received well, but I have not had the opportunity to
formally teach.

Which brings me to the original purpose of this communication, you have
advertised a position teaching in the Physics department. I believe I can do
this with distinction. May I have an interview?

Regards,

Michael Faraday

PS I have several publications. Please feel free to review them.

Could this person get hired in any University in the United States?

Dr. W. Reid Cornwell
The Center For Internet Research
P.O. Box 6369
Breckenridge, CO